I used to be the type of person that would worry and stress over every little thing! I never had an easy life, things were really hard and sometimes it still is.
But, when I looked back and reflected on my life I realized that I wasted so much of time, time that I can never get back, stressing about things that were out of my control and crying myself to sleep over things that I couldn’t change.
This post may not reach a thousand people, it might not even reach a hundred but if it reaches one person and helps them to live life happier, it would accomplish its purpose.
Here’s how to be happy despite the circumstances;
- Be grateful: Life would probably never be perfect but it’s never all bad. Count your blessings!
- Realize that some things are not in your control- Thinking about it 24/7 will not change the situation. Sometimes the best thing to do is pray and leave it to God. Then replace those thoughts with happy ones.
- Know you’re not alone-Even when you look around and there’s nobody there, you are not alone, There are still millions of people in the world that don’t believe in God, but the ones who do will understand this statement: “He will never leave you nor forsake you”
- Choose happiness- Yes, I’ve also always believed that you cannot control how you feel but you can and you should! Wake up in the morning with an attitude of gratitude, it will make all the difference.
- Have faith – I left this one for last because this has helped me so much that I could even write a book about it but in a nutshell, having faith is knowing that no matter what you go through, God is there, he always will be! You don’t have to earn his favor, you don’t have to be religious, all you have to do is believe, believe that he is there, believe that he loves you and believe that he is working all things together for your good… even if it seems bad today, at some point in your life you will understand why it had to happen.For now, don’t try to understand it, just know that if God is standing for you, No one could ever, ever stand against you.
When I look back on my life today I realize that some of the worst times in my life have been for my good, it shaped me into the person I am right now, it helped me appreciate what I have and most importantly it showed me that I am not alone. That God is real and present.
“Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.”
Philippians 4:6 NIV
The Bible verse above is has changed my life, I’ve read it a million times, practiced it once and then never looked back, right now I’m at a point in my life that I never even imagined, God has given me so much more than I could ever deserve and I’m so grateful for it.
If you forget everything else I said, I hope this remains planted in your mind:
STOP STRESSING, IT’S BLOCKING YOUR BLESSING!!!!